Hey Bloggerland!
Sorry (to all who have been waiting) I am a little behind
on the puzzler for this week :[ Better late then never right?:)
I am also sorry to say that our logic thumb would not load onto blogger
so we will have to do without him for this puzzler.
Before this weeks logic puzzler though here is the answer to last weeks puzzler:
Logic Puzzler #3: High School Reunion
Answer:
Sophie Mayer; Most Likely to Succeed, Computer Programmer.
Heather Mulroney; Class Clown, Dentist.
Binky Moskowitz; Valedictorian, Lawyer.
Zoe French; Most School Spirit, Financial Consultant.
-According to statements 2 and 5, Binky is Moskowitz, and Heather is Mulroney.
From statement 3, Zoe, who isn't Mayer, is French. Therefore, Sophie is Mayer, the
Computer programmer.
-Statement 6 tells us that Heather, who isn't the Lawyer, the Financial Consultant, or the
Computer Programmer, is the Dentist; and from statement 4, she was the Class Clown.
-According to statement 1, Zoe French was not Most Likely to Succeed or Valedictorian,
and since she wasn't a Class Clown, she had to have had Most School Spirit. From
statement 4, Zoe is the Financial Consultant. Therefore, Binky Moskowitz is the Lawyer
and was the Valedictorian. Sophie Mayer was the Most Likely to Succeed.
Finally, for this weeks....
Logic Puzzler #4: What's The Scoop?
Congratulations on your new job as head scooper at Gino's Gelato. The tubs of
gelato in front of you are labeled from left to right as follows:
CHOCOLATE, VANILLA, BERRY-BERRY, HAZELNUT, and COCONUT. But the scooper
you're replacing was fired because he'd mislabeled all the tubs. In fact, if all the labels were
moved around so that all the tubs were correctly labeled, no label would end up next to a
label that it started out next to. Given the fact that the middle jar doesn't contain the
chocolate, you'd better figure out which labels belong on which tubs- the shop is about to
open.
Have fun everyone!
4 comments:
You had me panicking there for a minute, thinking we'd all have to go 2 weeks without a bloggerland logic puzzle!!!!
I totally did not get the last one, but this one amazingly sounds a littleteeny bit easier :) ( a giant thankyou from all of the people who still are oppressed with Algebra )
-rach.
:( I miss the pic. :(
But I've actually got notes and am trying to figure this one out!
-hardworking Gelato worker ;)
I'm thinking it's Vanilla, Coconut, Berry-Berry, Chocolate, Hazelnut.???
~Beck
I used to think I was a relativealy smart person...... :)
-rach
Post a Comment